• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HuskyGlazier

Sound Effects Quiet on External Speaker

Question

I have an iPod touch 5th generation that's very old now and its speakers are blown out. I use it as an alarm in the morning, and in order to accomplish that, I use an external speaker connected via an AUX cord. When my iPod is unlocked, the speakers at max volume and max Sound Effects volume, the speaker is very loud. However, when I lock my iPod, the sounds from the sound effects, including the alarm are much quieter than when my iPod is unlocked. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

1 answer to this question

This might sound silly, but did you tried to... turn it off and on again? Just don't use the default method to do so. Try to turn it off by holding home and power buttons together until device will turn (might take few seconds). Then turn it on and check if sound volumes were reseted.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By SundayDrivah
      This news is crazy:
      http://gizmodo.com/apple-music-is-now-available-on-android-1741721989
      We know there is a rivalry between Ios and Android but something crazy and confusing just happened. One of the most popular built in app of Ios is Apple Music.  Now you don't have to buy an Iphone and Ipad to enjoy this subcription app because it is now available for Android. They were offering some sort of Free trial too.  Now it makes me wonder if Apple will make this app available for Windows phone users too.  Maybe it could also be available for Xbox live or PSN network.  Are you going to try this free trial?
    • By Alexandoy
      As per my post in another thread, it seems that my wife's Samsung S3 is going to the trash bin. It's less than a year when it was repaired due to a bloated battery. This week, it wouldn't charge due to a leaking battery. It still runs though when the battery is loaded but it still cannot charge even a new battery.
      We are contemplating on what phone to buy - an expensive iPhone or another Samsung or Sony? What are the concrete evidences of the iPhone's advantage over an Android phone? The cost of an iPhone is almost double that of other brands.
    • By itaddict
      Yes, you heard it right.  When we are very concerned about the security of our passwords, Yahoo is one step ahead in replacing passwords with their new service. They made it possible with a new service called Yahoo Account Key which uses smartphone to identify the real user which is more effective that the traditional passwords. For example if a user try to access Yahoo mail there is no need to put password, instead the Account Key service will send a message to the smartphone connected to the account. You just have to tap yes  to get into your account and tap no in case it is an unauthorized attempt. The service  will be available for both Android and iOS users soon. 
      This is really a step above passwords and a new hope in ensuring online safety.  Hope others will follow soon. 
      Yahoo Account Key to get rid of passwords!
    • By kamix
      Hi folks!

I'm generally interested what's your opinion about jailbreaking i device. The iOS9 is already here and judging by the efficiency of famous hacker groups these days, there is no question that it'll be jailbroken sooner or later. Are you guys going to use it on iOS9? I personally won't update my phone until there will be possibility to do so. There is just too many good things that come with it. Even Apple sees it and implements ideas of developers from Cydia store to their official OS. Let's take multitasking for exampe: in new iOS9, you can actually run two apps at the same time on split screen now! Well, on jailbroken iOS 8.1.3 you can do it exact same thing. Even on phones

There is many, many more awesome things. But what do you think about it?
    • By nytegeek
      I think most people know this but I feel the need to get it out there because of the misinformation and bad comparisons I keep seeing. You don't have an Android phone. Android is an operating system that can be installed on any device with compatible hardware, not a type of phone. I don't see people with iPhones calling their phones iOS phones. That would be kind of silly.
      The reason I mention this is because there are so many phones that utilize Android that questions about hardware and comparisons to Apple products are all useless and result in junk data. People try to categorize them all as Android phones vs iPhones. People that categorically compare their iPhone to every make and model of phone that uses Android are being ridiculous and don't even realize it.
    • By AlexKid
      Apple are in the habit of updating their iPhone series every year. We're already onto the iPhone 7 which just shows a steady but slow evolution of this particular smart phone series. Apart from the Apple faithful, the average man or woman in the street doesn't seem terribly excited about the latest iteration of the iPhone.
      Perhaps these phones are coming out too soon. Maybe an 18-24 month launch period between models would be a better idea. This will allow Apple to add features that truly show a significant jump in innovation and performance.
      Do you think this strategy would work well for Apple?
      And would this reignite excitement for the latest iPhone again?
    • By AlexKid
      This post is aimed predominantly at those who are either developing apps or are interested in the development process. Recently, Apple launched Swift which is a programming language for the iOS and OS X operating systems. It's meant to take most of the hassle away and allow coders to develop their apps as quickly as possible. Of course, Apple is competing with many established engines and frameworks that are way ahead of the curve. While I haven't used Swift, I have looked over some code and it does seem fairly elegant and straightforward. Swift could truly be a contender in the app development space but time will tell.
      What are your thoughts? Have you programmed an app using Swift?

• By Top745
      Every time I try to download certain apps on my iPod 5th generation, it says I have to update my IOS. The thing is, when I try to update my IOS I get a message saying it's already up to date. I'm thinking this means it can't be updated because my iPod is too old. Is there some way to get around this and update this thing?
    • By Emerson_B
      I have been hearing about this concept for quite some time now and I was thinking that if It were released, It will kill all phones that are out right now just like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. Phone manufacturers will become manufacturer of parts and the like, allowing them to concentrate on a phone part that they really excel in and thereby increase that part's quality. Operating systems can be chosen. IOs will no longer be just for Apple. Imagine a phone wherein you will only use what you want and you will not have all the other parts that will be eating at your battery. A phone wherein if you decide you don't want the current camera, then you can change it to a better one without changing your whole phone.

So, what are your thoughts on the Phonebloks and how do you think will it affect the mobile phone industry?
    • By Diane Lane
      Do you have multiple devices with different operating systems? I know some people stick with one system, but others don't seem to mind switching between and among various operating systems, and do it with ease. I started off with Windows, but have been using Apple for years, and am learning Android now, so I wondered how many solely use one OS, and how many are happy to swap them out frequently. 
    • By Diane Lane
      When I started looking for a tablet, it was to replace my iPod Touch, so I wasn't looking for something huge like an iPad or other 10 or 12 inch sized device. I pretty quickly narrowed my search down to the 7" category, but then I found the 8" tablets, and fell in love. Or, so I thought. I tried one out that a friend has, and thought it would be great for me. But, I was at the store yesterday, and saw and held the 7" and 8" tablets next to one another, and now I'm leaning toward the 7". As I've said before, I have hand and wrist issues, which often means grip issues, so when I tried them side by side, I realized that the 7" will fit better in my hand, and that means there's less of a chance that I'll drop it. I also don't think the extra inch will make as much of a difference that I first thought it would. Yes, I'm still talking about tablets. 
      If you have a (or more than one) tablet, what size is it, and do you like it? Have you tried other sizes? I'm sure some of it depends on what the tablet will be used for, but some of us also have other reasons for singling out a particular size, so what made you choose the tablet you use, or want to use? 
    • By Top745
      Does any body know of any good private browsers from the apple app store? I have been looking for a secure browser for my iPod. When your out and about , it's nice to be able to browse securely with out being hacked into. I have a browser now, but with all the pop ups that come with it, I doubt it's that safe. If any body could tell me where I could find a good browser from the app store, it would be appreciated.
    • By AlexKid
      While we are all aware that Android is the dominant OS for mobile devices, there comes a time when we have to recommend it to our friends. After all, we want them to enjoy all the great apps and features that Android brings to the table. But what if our friend would be better off with one of Apple's devices. Perhaps they don't have much use for many of these Android apps and they would be cozier within Apple's ecosystem of iTunes and App Store. 
      Would you still try to steer them over to Android? 
    • By AlexKid
      Many developers and I'm sure even some app users would like to see Apple open up their ecosystem a little. There are pros and cons if Apple were to do this. Considering that Android is growing exponentially and eating up market share, perhaps it would be a good idea for Apple to look into this. Perhaps even allow iOS to run on cheaper phones that everyone can afford, this will provide an increasing audience to Apple's App Store. 
      Would you like to see Apple move in this direction?
    • By Sunshine703
      So I've recently heard some rumors on the web that Apple may finally be releasing the long waited IPod 6th generation. Many people in the past claimed that the IPod may have been completely discontinued by Apple but each year after 2012 (that 5th Generation release year) there have been constant rumors of the 6th Generations release. It is now the year 2015. Now what I want to know is, do you think Apple will continue with the IPod Touch releases? And if so, are you interested in purchasing it? 

• By wristlawyer
      Researchers from Indiana University and the Georgia Institute of Technology have cracked Apple's Keychain service. Although they announced the flaws back in October 2014, iPhone, iPad, and Mac users are still at risk.after eight months. More on 9to5mac.com 
      What does this say about Apple's consideration for their client's security?
    • By zero
      "As the main headline events wrap up at this year’s E3, Square Enix dropped more information on its plans for the beloved Final Fantasy series. After a very impressive reveal for the Final Fantasy VII remake on consoles and PC at the Sony event last night, Square executive producer Shinji Hashimoto took to the stage today to announce that FF7 is coming to iOS devices this Summer. - http://9to5mac.com/"
      Who else is excited? FF7 is a game that I always wanted to play but did not have the opportunity. Ever since Square Enix started porting the Final Fantasy series to mobile, I've been checking the news frequently for this. This is probably one of the reasons why I still have my iPad Mini 2...
    • By AlexKid
      These days, with the rising popularity of indie and mobile gaming there also seems to be some interesting aesthetic directions. Due to the low-budgets and small teams, 2D games have returned with a vengeance. Particularly there has been a strong resurgence of 8-bit / 16-bit retro-style games capturing the visual and audio aesthetics of games developed on vintage systems. Quite common to find many games with pixel art graphics and chiptune background music, mimicking NES and Sega Genesis games. The recent indie hit - Shovel Knight is a perfect example of this. 
      What is your take on this, and do you enjoy these types of games?
    • By mvasishta
      Hi guys, 
      I thought you guys may be able to help me out; simply because I am due to get a new phone at the moment and frankly I really don't want an iPhone. I'm trying to decide which android phone to get but I really don't want to spend that much. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy 4. I was considering getting the Note 4, but i'm not too sure. If you guys could help me out I would deeply appreciate it. 

• By wristlawyer
      For 2014, Google reported almost $12 billion in mobile search revenue. It turns out, thanks to a recent Goldman Sachs analysis, that around $9 billion came from IOS devices.  This number is attributed to the ~$2 billion deal they made with Apple for featuring Google as the default search engine in Safari. The NY Times predicts a murky road ahead for Google, considering Apple might consider switching to Yahoo or Bing, and even developing their own search engine.