• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anishsasmal

Best Plugins

Question

What plugins do you guys generally use in your Wordpress page? Any recommendations or plugins I should just bluntly stray away from? Also, what (Free) theme do you guys think would look nice for a medical organization. 

1 answer to this question

Choosing the right plugin will make your life easier and equally important is to get rid of useless plugins which can slow down the entire process substantially. I recommend two plugins which can improve your working in Wordpress :

- Wordpress SEO - It is a perfect website optimization package. It allows you to add open graphs meta data, do page analysis and a lot of other useful things.   i think it is an indispensable plugin to use

- BackupBuddy - It is the most user friendly backup and migration plugin.  It will enable you to setup automatic backup scheduling and it also offers a lot of other useful features.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By anishsasmal
      Does anybody here have any knowledge about whether or not WordFence security works? I have been using the free version and it seems to be doing its job correctly. I was reading that it provides a false sense of security though. Anyone more familiar with this plugin?
    • By dantech
      HI guys, is the SEO service offered by wordpress.com team any good? I'm planning to move there some of my client's blog and I would like to improve their SEO rank exploiting the service of wordpress.org but I'm not really confident in their work about SEO as I have read some bad reviews about you. Have you had any exprience, if yes could you plese share it? THanks.
    • By Penny
      Okay, I have to admit to being very good with some kinds of tech and unbelievably inept with others.  So I am just going to some out with what is probably a very stupid question.
      When I go to Wordpress blogs, and I want to comment, I often find I need to be registered.  But if they blog does not provide a link to do so, how do I register for that blog?  This has happened several times in the last few weeks and I cannot work out what dumb mistake I am making.
    • By VidanG
      So, is Wordpress the best place to create your own blog ?
      I want some pro/contra arguments because I don't know nothing about it and maybe here it's some old Wordpress users how can help me.

Thank you.
    • By danielledavidson
      I started making a blog on WordPress not too long ago. After a couple days, I decided that I was going to give up though since I wasn't able to get traffic. I felt like even when I was promoting my blog to other sites, and people just wouldn't go to it. I don't know if outside people can't see it if you have a free blog. I gave up and haven't gone back to blogging since. I felt like it was a waste of time. So, can someone help me out with how I should be able to get traffic on my page? Where do you guys promote to that helps you? Also, would it be good to get a domain name? I know that many people get one, I'm just not sure if I should get one?
    • By Alex
      I've been looking to add a forum to my blog and so far WP Symposium looks the best and easiest to add. The only catch is they recommend a certain theme and I don't want to change my theme. Instead I am thinking of a separate forum link, but if I found a good and easy to use plug in I would try that. I have a Vanilla forum set up and am nervous about trying to incorporating the two from the reviews I have read.
      Any experience, good or bad? I have been reading some reviews and not many are rated above three stars which isn't encouraging.
    • By AlexKid
      I've lauded Wordpress here on Setuix in another post before. Generally, I've been happy with Wordpress as it is a quality and versatile blogging platform. I've never been one for Blogger but I know there are many who prefer it over Wordpress. Recently, Wix is becoming quite popular and I must admit that they've got some nice templates. I've never got round to setting up a Wix site but from checking out some tutorials it does seem easier than Wordpress.
      Anyone here have any experience with Wix? Would you consider it a good alternative to Wordpress?
    • By lissetetiff
      How often do you change your wordpress theme? I have been using the Arzine theme for as long as I can remember and I have never desired  any other theme, premium or free. What is the average number of times you change your wordpress theme in a month?
    • By Dekay
      I've recently been looking into updating my personal website and was wondering what are some of your favorite, free or paid, liquid portfolio themes that you either use yourself or recommend to others? Also, what sort of work do you showcase?
    • By thisnthat
      So, it seems to me like having copies of every revision on your Wordpress blog, would slow things down. Supposedly, it's not a big deal, but I don't like it. It saves a revision copy every time you even look at a post. They start to add up, but you can't delete them. 
      I've heard there are plugins that will allow you to get rid of all these extra copies. Does anyone know of a good one?
    • By Kennito
      I am planning of starting a movie website. Do you guys have suggestion of some of the best free word press movie theme, with embedding capability available?
      I am looking for something like wpidmb which works fully on automation. 

Any suggestion is welcomes.
    • By dfarmer2001
      I have recently started creating a christian ministry website. You can find it at christian.referraldirectoryforum.com/wp. Anyway, I am curious on how I can remove the underline from the menu. Like, when you go to a certain page there is an underline underneath that page. Is there anyway I can remove that and make the little box turn yellow to show you are on that page?
      If you know how to do this please help, because I do not want to spend $20.00 to hire a developer for something simple like this! Thank You!
    • By thisnthat
      Have you heard that there are concerns that some popular Wordpress sites may be infected and could be stealing user's log in information? Since it's not like a the typical ruses, users may not even realize that they have been compromised. You won't find yourself being redirected to a bogus site or anything and your system won't be attempting to download anything it shouldn't. Your information could just be compromised without you even knowing that it happened. You can read more here: Login Credentials Attacked.
    • By Joy
      I have several websites on WordPress and would like to add social media buttons l like twitter, facebook etc.  What is the best and easiest plugin to use?
    • By Bonzer
      Blogger offers free hosting opportunity to many wannabe bloggers. Even professional bloggers still work with blogger. However, I've frequently come across with many professional sounding suggestions to opt for a WordPress hosting for serious bloggers.
      So many designers are now offering SEO ready,  good looking blogger templates for free all for a link back. Also, you can buy your own domain and map it to the blogger platform. Of course, WordPress is easy to use and manage with lots of plugins. I can do additional SEO myself and install Disqus to answer the spam. Besides, Blogger offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space
      My question is, what am I missing by not opting Wordpress? Why Wordpress so strongly recommended particularly the paid hosting?

• By Zenfive
      I was wondering what some of your favourite sites for checking out Wordpress themes are. They can be free or paid. We've all probably heard of ThemeForest so maybe don't mention that. Would love to try and find more variety, especially for free themes. 
    • By Sebastián
      So, I've been using WordPress for my personal blog for two years already, and I got accustomed to updates for plugins and the system itself to fail (usually getting stuck in the downloading/unzipping part). Now I've added a new installation for a freelance job (building a blog for a law firm) and started getting errors from the start, after selecting one of the preinstalled themes! New themes also fail to install, getting stuck at the download point. 
      How is it possible that this is happening? Do you have any advice about what to check to make it work? Or is it just "like it is" with WP?
    • By Zenfive
      What are some of the most essential plugins that you always like to install when you set up a new Wordpress site?

For me I think it has to be stuff like the Yoast SEO plugin, W3 Total Cache and Contact Form 7. Don't think I could really survive without those, the rest are probably extra that I choose depending on the type of site.