• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kamix

Selective quoting?

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

Either i can't find it or there is no selective quoting on the forum. Since this feature got popular over websites i visit, i can't get used to forums without it.

This feature would make replying to specific parts of given post or even multiple posts much easier and the replies themselves much cleaner and easier to read. I believe there already is a working modification for this exact purpose for IPS.

Hope you'll consider checking it out.

That would be a question for @zero. I know that nested quoting has been intentionally disabled because we had issues with the use of it or rather the inability of some to use it properly.

Edited by nytegeek

I know that nested quoting has been intentionally disabled because we had issues with the use of it or rather the inability of some to use it properly.

Yeah, that was right call. I saw that topic when i was checking if my suggestion wasn't already posted before by someone else.  But selective quoting would be very user-friendly feature imho.

Hey, I apologise for not being on here much recently. I'll check it out.

Just an update that this will be coming soon. We don't have an ETA yet, but it will be here. You can basically just select the text and quote just that.