• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexandoy

Dropbox wouldn't update

Question

Just recently, I am getting a message in Dropbox that it will soon stop synching because it cannot update. When I clicked the warning message, the web page said that I should install the latest version of Dropbox. And when I successfully downloaded the installer, it wouldn't install with a message that my installer was not downloaded properly. So I downloaded it again and again with another computer. The same error occurs.

Is there anyone here who uses Dropbox?

2 answers to this question

On 03/11/2015, 07:16:49, Alexandoy said:

Is there anyone here who uses Dropbox?

I use Dropbox occasionally. The only feature I use is the public link feature.

If you have downloaded Dropbox on a few computers and the error message is the same, there's a high probability there is an issue with the installer itself. Just to eliminate a network issue, could you download the installer on a computer that's on another network?

46 minutes ago, zero said:

I use Dropbox occasionally. The only feature I use is the public link feature.

If you have downloaded Dropbox on a few computers and the error message is the same, there's a high probability there is an issue with the installer itself. Just to eliminate a network issue, could you download the installer on a computer that's on another network?

As you well know, my home computer is a clone of my office computer, both are on XP for the OS. The Dropbox in my home computer is always showing that warning while my office computer looks normal. I have posted this question because I want to isolate the problem. If it's not the dropbox then it's the system of my home computer. It might have been affected when it broke down last week - the power supply got busted and the motherboard was affected, said the tech.