• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jillyan10

Do you download your music or stream it online?

97 posts in this topic

I mostly stream songs through Spotify if I am at home. If I am on a bus, then I use my downloaded music.

I prefer streaming to downloading.  If I start downloading music, then there will be no end to that.  Yes, in case I am travelling to remote places where internet is weak I can think of downloading a few good ones.   Even I have downloaded a few of them but of no use.  I always look for newer ones and start streaming them one by one.   Music trends are changing very fast so I find it convenient to listen to the latest ones by steaming. 

I use Spotify on my WiFi connection at home, and have a playlist which downloads so I can use it in offline mode when I'm out. I used to download music a lot and transfer it to my iPod or my phone, but after a while I decided the convenience and variety of Spotify premium was worth the $15 a month. The only problem I have is with their radio feature, which either plays me the songs which are already in the playlist it's building the station from, or fixates on one song in the list and gives me hundreds of awful songs repeatedly because it doesn't understand that "thumbs down" means I don't want to hear it again. /rant. Granted that wouldn't be any different if I was downloading everything.

Since I have discovered Spotify, I have only downloaded 2 songs that weren't available on there. It is much more convenient for me to just find the song on spotify and hit play without having to worry about anything else.

Another thing is, having hundreds of songs filling up my hard drive or ssd isn't really ideal either. I don't pay for premium as I don't mind the ads every now and then, and I don't listen to the radio.

I have only downloaded 2 songs that weren't available on there.

This just reminded me, the other day I opened the downloaded music folder on my phone and was really surprised to find four songs I love that hadn't made their way to Spotify. Quickly realised it was because they weren't available (hence why I kept them in the downloaded folder). Was immediately sad again.

Lately I have taken to using radio to be honest. I had been streaming over downloading but radio apps for my phone use a fraction of the data that traditional streaming does. This is only good if the hardware in your device supports FM radio however.

Being an old-fashioned guy, I prefer my downloads to streaming music online. I could care less about today's music anyway. I'd prefer listening to the classics and downloaded songs just do the trick. All I need is my ipod to be on shuffle mode and that's it.

I prefer streaming music online rather than to download it. I do that for movies as well because, why bother with the downloads? 

I still prefer downloads. I am not always online so it is still cool for me to listen to music even if there is no wi-fi. I usually listen to music during the commute anyway, so having music in my pocket fits right for me.

I still prefer downloads. I am not always online so it is still cool for me to listen to music even if there is no wi-fi. I usually listen to music during the commute anyway, so having music in my pocket fits right for me.

I also prefer to download my music because I don't usually have access to the internet. When I ran out of new songs to listen, I download the latest UK Top 40 Hit Singles for the week. When I also feel like listening to certain artists and covers, I stream through SoundCloud and download the songs I like. Apparently, downloading music is more convenient for me than streaming, because I travel a lot.

once I want to download a music, I go to youtube and listen to it, if I like it, then I download it from youtube and convert it to mp3 and send it to my iPhone :)

I used to download music but now it's just so much easier to stream it free online. I use YouTube. Pandora always plays things I don't like so I just stick with looking up specific songs I want to hear.

I used to download music but now it's just so much easier to stream it free online. I use YouTube. Pandora always plays things I don't like so I just stick with looking up specific songs I want to hear.

That is so true! I have noticed it's really hard for me to find new music I could really like on YouTube.  I always need to have the name of a band and just search it.  Fortunately my British friend has an amazing taste for music!  All the YouTube songs he has recommended me were great!  

I prefer to download music from YouTube. I use an online mp3 converter. It's very fast and easy to use. I don't listen musi while I am on a PC so I download them.

Regarding movies, I download movies too. On some websites quality is awful. So I prefer to watch in HD (1080p).

I used to download songs before but after YouTube came into existence, I have been finding myself only listening to songs online. It seems much easier and I usually have a wide variety of songs so it is much more convenient for me.

once I want to download a music, I go to youtube and listen to it, if I like it, then I download it from youtube and convert it to mp3 and send it to my iPhone :)

I was just reading all posts and I found this. My question is - Are you able to move a song on iPhone? I thought you have to buy songs from iTunes...

This may sound strange but I buy songs. 50 cents is not that much and I always support Indie musicians. I am not really into overproduced mainstream music. I am more into underground music and pirating Indie singers is very unfair as many of them are not financially stable as mainstream ones.

It depends - if I'm going for a party where they want me to take the DJ's seat for a while - I download the songs to carry with. Or if my girl wants me to load some new songs in her cell phone, well, I have no choice and I download them. Otherwise, I mostly like to listen them online.

I do stream my music with Pandora or IHeart Radio when I'm somewhere with good internet access, but when I'm just out and about, I tend to listen to the music that I have already downloaded. It's always something I want to hear. 

I stream music on pandora and spotify. When using pandora, i keep notepad open in case I find a song which i really enjoy. I then later create an mp3 version of the song via youtube.

Yes, sometimes I stream and sometimes download music to my android phone. We have JIO SIM offering free internet till 31st March 2017. So, right now I am streaming movies on Cartoon HD, just because of free 4G internet.