• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sourabhr171

Will Iphone survive against androids

105 posts in this topic

It feels like the market share of iphones are getting lower and lower every quater, while those of androids just can't stop growing.

No, no it won't Apple is losing people all the time, many of my friends are getting tired of Apple's shit and switching to Android. Their Watch won't be any better than the other ones. The only good thing about Apple is their PR department.

No, no it won't Apple is losing people all the time, many of my friends are getting tired of Apple's shit and switching to Android. Their Watch won't be any better than the other ones. The only good thing about Apple is their PR department.

Well said. I got tired of their shit when I bought the iPad Mini 2. The constant browser refresh and app crashes due to the lack of RAM (and common sense). The best decision I ever made was giving up my iPhone 5 and buying a Moto G at a fraction of the price of an iPhone.

This is really not a fair comparison. On one side you have the iPhone(s) and on the other side you have Android along with the Samsungs and the HTCs of the world and not to mention the Chinese mobile makers that seem to crop up every other day. 

Android is pulling a Microsoft really. Get their mobile operating system on as many devices as possible. While the market share may shift in favour of Android, iPhone sales remain strong. There are 3 important segments to ensure the success of a product in no particular order:

1. Brand loyalty - Users that upgrade from an iPhone to newer iPhone.
  2. Acquisition - Converting non iPhone users to iPhone.
  3. New market - Acquiring people that have never used a phone before.

Will iPhone survive against the Androids? My guess is they will. Their brand marketing is so strong, everyone feels they need to have an iPhone, including myself!

The brand loyalty is more about the fact that it's hard to switch your OS since everything you have is tied to it. But the thing is, many of my acquintances are switching over to Android or WP the next time they're getting a new phone, since the iPhone battery life, the perceived fragility of the screens and the overall closedness of the OS isn't worth paying the price for a new iPhone. But I think Apple has some things going on for them too. They have a great PR department, their phones last for ages and don't slow down too much and they've really nailed the easy to use thing. About the phones lasting for ages, a 4S is still a viable phone and I know many people who are still using one. Of course a 6 is better, but still, it's quite impressive how a 4 or so year old phone is still quite good.

I don't think that Apple will fail pretty soon. You may think that their market share is low, but they have a much loyal fan base than the rival OS, Android.

I personally like Apple's products, even though I have an Android device and their devices aren't made for me.

There is no way that iPhone will "die" against Android. They are both very well known and loyalty from their customers will keep them from switching to the other. 

While I'm sure that Apple won't 'die' I do think that android will dominate the market in the future.

It might very well be an unfair fight as you put it but isn't it a fight that Apple started in the first place?

Android is younger than iPhone, and in spite of that it's market share is bigger. More and more users switch to Android, but... a big thing is the brand. I'm sure that there'll be a lot of pepole buying iPhone's just because it's Apple... Apple's market share will shrink even more, but won't die for sure.

Apple will always have the sheep that will buy just because of the brand, the thing is though, at the moment the only thing they've got in their favour is the fan base. In time that will surely diminish unless they do something to counter the android revolution that's taking place 

I have an Iphone 6 and I love it. My husband has an Android and he swears by it. He says that Apple has done to many disservices to their customers in the past few years. Like changing the battery charger plug and the issue with adding more data. You pose a good question, because I just learned that Apple is coming out with the Iphone 7 this fall....:( I doubt if I will get that one.

Both do have loyal fans and both will survive. No matter what happens, there will be those who will prefer the simplicity and ease of usage of an iPhone over the Android. iPhone is already a household name since 2007, so I think it will survive. 

It must be a bit of a blow for Apple though that android had taken their crown so to speak?

While people say that Apple will always have fans, I think this is true but also at the same time people aren't stupid either and so won't just keep buying Apple products for no reason.

I have to agree that the iPhone isn't getting as much feedback as the android smartphones are getting yearly. They're increasing rapidly in a huge amount, even their production is increasing yearly. I think the reason that this is happening is not because Android has a lot to offer, because, the iPhone also has a lot to offer but perhaps not as much as the android. And we have to take in consideration that Android is like a Linux Distribution or a Microsoft Operating System like Windows 7 which can be implemented and installed on any system device that creates the same electrical calculations in the CPU and fit well with it. For example, we have a variety of laptops such as, HP, Lenovo and Dell and they all can have Windows 8, that is the same concept in Android Smartphones (Samsung, LG and Nokia). In comparison, as far as I know, iOS can only be installed on Apple manufactured devices, which is a downside. If I'm wrong though, I would love to be corrected. But yeah, so far I think this is the reason that will keep the iPhone struggling to survive and only will decrease in numbers in comparison with the android operating system based phones.

One of the big problems now I think that Apple are facing is the OS side of things. On paper, and at the time it seemed a good idea to have one operating system, unique to that company, that could be used across their entire range.

And then along came android...

it's very easy for people to stick with what they're used to, especially if they're not sure what else is on the market. With android being that popular now though, people ARE aware of what else is available and are starting to think about making the switch.

I don't think Apple is not going to survive. Unless they step their game up, but I feel like they're running out of ideas while Androids are improving. Guess we're going to wait and see what happens in the future. Only time will tell. 

I don't think Apple is not going to survive. Unless they step their game up, but I feel like they're running out of ideas while Androids are improving. Guess we're going to wait and see what happens in the future. Only time will tell. 

​What are these Android improvements that you are referring to? Android is an operating system that every major mobile phone player is using while Apple is one company against the other giants. Looking at this report by Bloomberg, Apple Q2 profits grew by 7% to 10 billion and iPhone sales achieved a whopping 15.9% more than analyst estimates. These are not small numbers by any means.

If there was something that Apple need to improve is the iPad. For quite sometime the iPad just feels like a giant phone that can't make calls.

Edited by Ant

Apple makes the same product with minor adjustments then all of a sudden it's a whole completely new phone, which people think it is. The only reason why they're doing good is because people buy their product because it is apple. Iphone 7 is coming out, I don't know when but when they do release it, there's going to be people in line for it before it comes to stores. I bet Iphone 7 is going to be the same thing as Iphone 6 with like one new feature. Not that much to it. 

Apple has been around a long time as a company and it's unlikely they will die anytime soon, especially since I feel like Apple has a lot of loyalists that won't ever stop supporting them even if their products are subpar - they just buy every new product they release because it's "apple" - like mindless drones. Lining up for the next phone that's practically the same as the older version. People like to stick with what they're used to, as well.

I'm not that up to date on the improvements Android phones have made, but I know android devices seem far better to me for one major reason: customization. I love modifying and tweaking the interface on my android phone but the most you can do on an iOS device is change the background, unless you jailbreak the thing. 

Apple will probably survive for a long time. There are sure very many fanboys of Android here, though Apple is a huge company, and as lion said, it has sure been around for a very long time. So my opinion is that Apple isn't going to die anytime soon.

Apple will probably survive for a long time. There are sure very many fanboys of Android here, though Apple is a huge company, and as lion said, it has sure been around for a very long time. So my opinion is that Apple isn't going to die anytime soon.

​Don't forget the app store. They make a lot of money off of that too.

In terms of quality of technology, IOS is on top and will always be. people will choose android because it is cheaper but the moment the realize what they really want is a smart phone, they will switch. I don't see Apple fading soon, they might probably buy android(very impossible).

I don't think Apple will face any problems anytime soon. I also don't think comparing the iPhone to Android as a fair way to see which one is selling more. The real way to compare would be to see what part of the market share purchases Apple's phone vs Samsung vs Sony, etc.

You also have to consider the price and quality of the phones. A lot of the Android share is probably people that are purchasing the really cheap Android phones. A fair comparison would be comparing the amount of people that use Android phones vs iPhones that cost $300 or more. Apple still has a large market for people who buy $300+ phones.

What else do you expect from Apple but hype and high prices. Iv'e watched over the years as people stood in line over night if not longer for the release of a new iPhone. Is the camp out really worth it; when next season they will drop yet another one?

When it comes to hyping up models and product ranges, nobody can beat the rubbish that Apple come out with.

What I don't understand is why people can't see what they're doing but instead keep handing over their hard earned cash for the latest upgrade.

Saying that android user are only looking for cheap version of a smartphone is an absolutely ludicrous thing to say, and it makes them sound inferior to Apple users And that is simply not the case. 

As for Apple buying android, that's just more proof that Apple users are caught up in their own little world, I very much doubt that Apple could afford to buy out Google, maybe the other way round? That I'd love to see, to finally shut the Apple fanboys up once and for all.