• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Viiri

Do you prefer WIndows Phone, Android or iOS?

88 posts in this topic

Which one do you prefer? I like Android the most because of the cheap prices of the phones, the custom ROMs I love tinkering with, the overall open feel to it and of course the fact that Android phones are mostly one step ahead in technology.

I still prefer iOS. Maybe I just like beautiful shiny gadgets! Apple products are over priced but they do make beautiful products. If I had to choose Windows Phone over Android, that would be tough. I would most likely go with Windows.

Different tools for different fools or how was it. :D For instance, the only reason I hoped my mother would have gone towards Android over iPhone is the fact that I can do tech support a lot better when working with an OS I am familiar with. She went for an iPhone which is better for her since it's a lot simpler to use. The only thing I've had the displeasure of working with is iTunes which is commonly known as being a huge POS. 

I've only had experience of Android and iOS, so can only really compare those two.  And of those two, I prefer Andriod.  iOS is too restricted and too locked in for my liking.  I really wish my parents would abandon their liking of everything Apple, but at least it is so locked down and restricted that it is hard for them to mess things up significantly which is one blessing!

Android for sure! I am a long-time fan of the OS and I wouldn't really jump to WP pretty soon.

I thought of joining the iOS world but I think I'm going to pass for the moment since some incredible Android phones are going to come out this year.

I definitely prefer the android. I've tried iOS before, but I like android because it feels like I can customize my phone to my liking. I use my S5 daily for the past year now, and it's been great to me.

Haven't tried Windows Phone yet, so I can't really compare it to the other ones. When I have to pick between iOS and Android though, I'm definately going for Android. It's way easier to get cracked apps :) and also compatible with every type of OS when you like to add some music or other things. I've started using Linux about a year ago and I still don't know how to properly put music on my iPod Touch as iTunes doesn't work well on Linux, while for my Android it's just plugging in and starting to use it.

The thing is, if you're using only Apple products, and you have a Mac, it works really well together, but not with other things, and I have less the feeling of 'freedom' when using iOS. After all, it's my phone and I decide what I use it for and what I put on it.

I'm still for iOS. I haven't had any problems with it so far and over the years of using it. When I switched to Android one time, it was just a pain with the lagging and the glitches.

My vote is for Android. The OS is updated frequently, the devices range from inexpensive to high end, and the Playstore has a great deal of quality apps for personal customization. I find that higher-end phones don't have as many lagging problems or glitches. It's more of a brand problem.

As a windows phone owner, I must say that Android is the best operating system for phones out there, first you don't have much apps or games on wp and on iOS they costs a lot of money. So I'd definitely go with Android OS all the way.

I think it depends on what you intend to use the phones for. I like android phones because I can choose from a variety of apps from the store for free, and the phones are also cheap. In terms of technological intelligence and advancement, IOS is really ahead. They have been able to overcome most of the challenges ANDROID is facing, and the phones are really of impressive style.

If you are a programmer or into systems business, IOS is the best for you.

I am biased towards the IOS. I have heard of all the great features of Andriod, but, I do not see myself switching to Android. My husband thinks that I am crazy.

IOS is for me. I had an android phone before, but it caused me too many problems like I couldn't receive messages, I would receive messages late, and my apps would crash sometimes. It was a big mess. I to switch to apple phones, and I've been happy ever since. I don't get many problems, most of the apps on the app store are free, and I love using my iphone. 

Out of the 'big two' between iosand android, for me it android that gets the vote. I was an Apple customer before but after switching to android, you can really see just how restricted Apple and it's operating system really is.

As for the Windows phones, I know a few people that have them, although I've never used one myself, and they say they're a bit disappointed with them.

You'd think that Microsoft would have given the Windows phones a bit more than what they have, but it seems they're not interested in even trying to compete at the moment.

I like the app store recommendations of iOS it makes it easier for me to choose from a multitude of options. When it comes to battery life I will go for WP. They have an option to turn off non-essential features. I am not sure if Apple has a battery saving mode. 

Those are the reasons why I have both WP and Apple but I can try an Android phone soon because of better customizability unlike the other two.

IOS is the most intelligent and smartest operating system, ANDROID is the cheapest while MICROSOFT (for mobile devices) is not creative at all. I will use an android because its cheaper compared to an apple. .

I prefer Android because of it's "free" nature. I'm an inventive and exploring kind of person, and I also love customizations and changes so Android kinda fits my needs. I don't want to be as locked and unfree as the iOS nor as limited as Windows. 

I prefer the iPhone. It is simple to use and easy to access all of your pictures and messages across multiple devices.

If you are concerned about price, then Android is your friend. If you prefer the more expensive phones, then I think iOS is better. They have a lot more free apps and the recommendations for new apps are better. Also, if you take the same paid app and look at the cost on Android vs iOS, the iOS is usually cheaper. The iPhone also don't risk being infected by viruses.

I prefer Android for my mobile devices. Android is easy to manage and it is easy to upgrade. There are lots of versions of it and it is pretty cool. In terms of the accessibility and customization , i say it is easy to customize. Furthermore, there are lots of free stuffs on Google Play comparing to iTunes that most of it are being bought.

Android is mostly used nowadays so i would go for it!

I currently have an Android phone and it meets the needs that I want to have for a phone. I can use it to play my music playlist, take photos, watch videos, communication purposes and more. It is cheaper as well to have an Android phone than the other mobile devices. I have no problems yet with Android phones and still contented having it. Other Android users just want a smaller size phones and I am sure that Android companies are working on that. I have to agree with @ jade-mae that Android phones are mostly used these days.

Ios because it is better than all others. Ios never gives any trouble. Ios works fine all the time. Android and windows phone freeze a lot.

Looking through the replies already, not many people mention other platforms apart from android and iOS so it's looking like it's always going to be these two that continue to dominate the market.

Both appeal to different people in different ways so I think this will be an on going argument for years to come.

I think I prefer Android because it is much more efficient to me than all of the other ones. Not saying that they're not great, they are and they offer great functionality and specifications, but it's just android is unique in terms of structure and implementation. I would love to see Windows and iOS improving, although, I'm not so hoping in iOS since it's lacking a lot recently, not as good as the other ones to me.

I prefer using Android phones because of its simplicity and ease of use. Compared to IOS, I can quickly do the things I want to do on my Android phone quickly, like transferring songs or movies without the need of downloading another program to transfer the files for me.

I prefer android the things you can do on android is extreme.It has really

got high tech when it come down to using android like make money

with using the app that pay you. Not only that it better to me, and easier to use.