• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miguelc505

What is Your Favorite Android Game?

30 posts in this topic

Mine is Soccer Stars by Miniclip. It's a really addicting game because it's so competitive. You can play against people from all over the world and you can play as your favorite football/soccer teams. The game is very simple but I haven't gotten bored of it and have been playing everyday since I first downloaded it a few months ago.

Call me old but it must be the great Doodle Jump! I haven't played it for a while already (not just Doodle Jump, I haven't played any game for a long time), but I remember trying to beat my hi-scores for hours. I even played it on my Symbian OS smartphone (Nokia N8).

After about a year I loaded up my Clash on Clans expecting my village to be totally annihilated but, it was the way I left it haha. CoC introduced clan wars some time ago and I participated in my first clan war yesterday and I love it.

Another game that I'm hooked on right now is Rival Kingdoms, similar like CoC. Only difference is I don't have to train troops.

Plague Inc.!

Even though I fail horribly at it, I just love it. It's such an addicting strategy game. In case this is your first time hearing about it, it's a game about creating a plague and eliminating all human life on Earth. It's a fun concept that we all contemplated once or twice in our lives before, amirite? :P

There is not a specific 'favorite game' of mine on Android. I don't like Android games a lot, and the Pay to Win factor is actually rising in the industry, which keeps me away from the games. 

I generally play only arcade games though. SpeedX 3D, Gyro and One More Line, to name some. I also play some emulated retro games like Super Mario, Pokemon Crystal, etc.

Edited by d4rk3n

Back then when I used to play Android games my favourite one was Real Racing 3 for several reasons. One could be the fact of the stunning graphics and the outstanding gameplay. It was also amusing to play in a competitive environment which is one the stringest point of the game according to me.

Currently I'm enjoying Hearthstone. I play it everyday and it is a great card game. I was on the fence about spending money on the game but I think 25$ is reasonable.

Modern Combat 5 is also a great game. I've been playing a lot of it lately!

Call me old but it must be the great Doodle Jump! I haven't played it for a while already (not just Doodle Jump, I haven't played any game for a long time), but I remember trying to beat my hi-scores for hours. I even played it on my Symbian OS smartphone (Nokia N8).

​I can't call you old but if I tell you that I still like to play the original, first Angry Birds but even worst if I tell you to like me those making burger games found in Google Play Store.

Did I mention that also play cooking with Hello Kitty? hahaha

I'm not into games but our housemaid had asked my assistance in downloading and installing games into her phone, an android. Lately, I have noticed that she is playing poker. Again? Yes, our housemaid has been playing online poker for quite a time. And she brags that she wins most of the time. But not real money, of course.

I noticed the post above about Angry Birds. That's the very first game that I had tried on my tablet... that's when my tablet was still working.

Android games a rent so much fun if you are used to PC games or PS. I will go with candy as my best option for android games.

My fav one would be AA. That game is so addicting and hard to pass levels on it, that I once threw my phone on the ground and broke the display, haha. I guess it does happen sometimes to have your frustration concentrated on tangible things, haha.

My 2nd one would be Daddy Long Legs. It resembles QWOP, and it's as annoying as AA, but never really gave me the urge of throwing the phone to the ground, haha.

OH lord, the size of this post could be incredibly long... My all time favorite game would probably be Plague Inc. just because of the beauty in simplicity that it offers. The interface is clean, the game is engaging and simplistic while still offering the rush as you try and infect every person on the planet before the cure you. With the variations and different plague types coupled with the different simulations, it has given me hundreds of hours of entertainment. 

My other notables would be Plants vs. Zombies for the sheer fun of it, Clash of Clans for the multiplayer Clan Wars, Sims FreePlay because of its childish enjoyment of life, and finally Godville because its so different from any other type of game. Seriously, if you haven't heard of or play Godvile, look it up and see if its for you. You don't actually put too much time into it, but you will find yourself checking back just to see what has gone on!

One of the best games on Android would happen to be, "Clash of Clans." Clash of Clans is an amazing strategy game that requires lots of strategy and is a pretty fun war game. I highly recommend this game if you have never personally played it! However, it's one of my favorites and I play it every day.

One of the best games on Android would happen to be, "Clash of Clans." Clash of Clans is an amazing strategy game that requires lots of strategy and is a pretty fun war game. I highly recommend this game if you have never personally played it! However, it's one of my favorites and I play it every day.

​Because you've mentioned Clash of Clans, I would like to have a view from you: Don't you just find that the game requires from players too much money for little things you get in-game? I mean, $100, in their perception, is something that everyone can afford to spend. I personally didn't spend a dime on this game and managed to advance further, but I think that I would've gone farther if I had had invested some money in it.

I honestly don't see why people are so into clash of clans so much, but for me my favorite game is called Zig Zag. The reason why I choose this game is because it makes you think fast on your feet, also on what way you should move or take at any given speed or time.

​Because you've mentioned Clash of Clans, I would like to have a view from you: Don't you just find that the game requires from players too much money for little things you get in-game? I mean, $100, in their perception, is something that everyone can afford to spend. I personally didn't spend a dime on this game and managed to advance further, but I think that I would've gone farther if I had had invested some money in it.

​From my point of view, I would say that the game does have high prices and you would be quite crazy to spend that much money on it. However, if it's something you truly want, go for it! I have managed to get to level 39 and upgrade everything in my base to the maximum without spending a penny. So, that's my POV.

I honestly don't see why people are so into clash of clans so much, but for me my favorite game is called Zig Zag. The reason why I choose this game is because it makes you think fast on your feet, also on what way you should move or take at any given speed or time.

​Zig Zag is always a cool game I discovered recently and I got caught a bit on that one, I'd admit it. Can I know your highest score? I have a bit of shame to share my score seeing that I spent quite a few amount of time on it and it's still pretty low :(

After a week of CoC and Rival Kingdoms I finally gave up playing. All I really want to play is Final Fantasy 7 and up. They kinda stopped at FF6 for mobile. I hope it's anytime now.

I like playing Temple Run on android. In fact I'm recovering from some sort of 'addiction', where some months back I used to be unable to stop playing, hoping to get to the next level, and the next level after that.

I later on discovered Candy Crush which took almost half of my interest, so now I dont play Temple Run so much anymore.

I like to play Minigore and Pixel Dungeon. Minigore was a game that came out on IOS first and came on Android recently. It brought back many fond memories and grinding time i had to do to unlock new characters, maps and guns.

Pixel Dungeon, on the other hand is a 2D rouge dungeon game. The fun in it is that it is challenging and forces you to know about the game mechanics and use the items you have on hand to survive but when you acquire new and powerful items and start clearing stages like it was nothing, you feel very powerful indeed.

I think the best game for android is Chess Free from Al Factory. Playing this game of chess on your phone can really kill time. It's no surprise that this is one of the top rated chess games from the Google Play Store. If your waiting at the MVA  or something this comes in handy. Even tho chess seems boring to some people, mental stimulation is healthy and should be fun. I haven't found any other games for android that I like better than this, but I'm sure one will come along. Having a good game to kill time with on your android when your out and about is a must.

Edited by Top745

I am note sure if anyone here has played a game called 'Age of Zombies'.It is developed by Halfbrick studios. The graphics and gameplay is amazing. The lead character Barry Steakfries is witty throughout the game.

If you have not played it yet I totally recommend to check it out.

I have played it again and again over the years. 2D Zombie shooter does not get more entertaining that this game.

Edited by aasifaalamkhan
cleaning it up

A game called Out There, it's a roguelike about space exploration and random encounters. You have to manage your fuel, oxygen and hull integrity by mining planets you visit. No two playthroughs are the same, as is to be expected from a roguelike game. Sometimes you're lucky and find a better space ship immediately, or plenty of resources on a planet. Other games, you struggle to stay alive and you have to balance things such as: do I drill deeper and risk destroying my drill in the process, because I really need this or that metal? The replay value is splendid, that's for sure.

Edited by xpictoc

I don't know if this counts but, I loved playing Castlevania: SOTN through a PS1 emulator on my phone. It's a highly praised action/platformer/RPG that plays perfectly on my mobile phone. I've even tried to get 100% completion on the game but I only got to about 90% which is still good.

If that doesn't count however, my favorite android game would be Tap Titans. It's a really addictive tapping game that's the cause of millions of sore thumbs around the globe. I have logged in dozens of hours into that game and I'm still going at it. It's a really fun game that's easy to pick up and easy to put down but hard to stop playing completely. I highly recommend it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By SundayDrivah
      This news is crazy:
      http://gizmodo.com/apple-music-is-now-available-on-android-1741721989
      We know there is a rivalry between Ios and Android but something crazy and confusing just happened. One of the most popular built in app of Ios is Apple Music.  Now you don't have to buy an Iphone and Ipad to enjoy this subcription app because it is now available for Android. They were offering some sort of Free trial too.  Now it makes me wonder if Apple will make this app available for Windows phone users too.  Maybe it could also be available for Xbox live or PSN network.  Are you going to try this free trial?
    • By Alexandoy
      As per my post in another thread, it seems that my wife's Samsung S3 is going to the trash bin. It's less than a year when it was repaired due to a bloated battery. This week, it wouldn't charge due to a leaking battery. It still runs though when the battery is loaded but it still cannot charge even a new battery.
      We are contemplating on what phone to buy - an expensive iPhone or another Samsung or Sony? What are the concrete evidences of the iPhone's advantage over an Android phone? The cost of an iPhone is almost double that of other brands.
    • By itaddict
      This is one of the unique ways of attracting more people into a game.  Publisher Adminde chose a different method to let people know its game Zero Reflex exists. In this lucrative offer, the first person who finish the game Zero Reflex on Android, iOS or Steam wins $10,000. Each entry of a completed game will be checked by Adminde to ensure its authenticity. 
      The game seems to be similar to Super Hexagon, but a whole lot tougher. Hope more people will try this game which in turn may make this game a popular one.
      Play this game for $10,000 !

• By SundayDrivah
      Well according to this Article, Facebook is now making some of their employees to switch to Android:
      http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-wants-its-engineers-to-use-android-2015-11
      The employees Facebook forced to switch to Android operated devices are the engineers. Facebook wanted them to experience what a huge number of their users experiences. It seemed like a huge number of users around the world logs in to Facebook with their Android. I hope this change how Facebook works with Android devices. Mobile users experiences a slower internet connection and I hope making the engineers experience what most Android users are forced to deal with will lead to Faceboiok working faster and better for Android users. I experience a lot of glitch on Facebook with my Android device like some groups and pages being invisible at the search results of the Facebook app.
    • By SundayDrivah
      This had been annoying me for a long time. There had been websites with these aggressive ads that forced to open my appstore like a pop up. I know their intention is to invite me to install their app. I don't mind ads but I loathe pop ups and forcing to open my appstore is one of the most annoying pop ups ever. Is there a way to disable browsers from opening my appstore? If I want to install an app, I want apps I found on the search results of the appstore and not from an ad of a website I am browsing.  Is there a way to stop the appstore from opening without my permission?
    • By Destiny
      I'm in the market for a new Android tablet. Last time I bought one I messed up big time! I bought a cheap tablet with a lot of memory and it's terrible. Right now, I have an iRulu... I hate it! But, I can't afford a an expensive brand. I need something under $200 that's decent. Any suggestions?
    • By SundayDrivah
      I just uninstalled Plants vs zombies 2 from my tablet . I do love that game but my battery is too weak to handle that game. That game is way too battery hungry. My battery can only last 40 minutes with that game. Meanwhile I can play for hours with Trolls vs Vikings and  Criminal Case.  Criminal case is very friendly to my tablet, I can play that game for hours but there is a downside. Whenever I finish a chapter with criminal case, in able for me to play the next chapter I have 3 choices, Pay real money, wait for 3 days or Beg social media friends to send me "virtual keys" the only option that works for me is to wait for 3 days.
      Can you suggest me some games in the Android appstore that is battery friendly? I need to have some games to replace my battery hungry apps I uninstalled. I would also preferred games that can be played offline.
    • By SundayDrivah
      360 Security is a jack of all trades that hits multiple birds with one stone. I use to be a user of  Clean Master  junk file cleaner. That up was good at getting rid of junk files until a recent update happened that less things up. Clean Master mistaken the updates of my game apps as Junk files. That really frustrates me because downloading  those updates takes me a lot of time because I have a slow connection.  I never worried about my Save game files and game updates being deleted because 360 security gets rid of junk files while keeps my game related files safe.  
      It also have a booster that helps me run my table faster because it saves ram by stopping the apps running in the background. I rarely experience lags ever since I started using that Booster feature.
      I don't really use Anti viruses for tablets because they take a lot of ram 360 security  is not memory hungry.  After experiencing a virus attack, I decided to use it's antivirus and it is able to get rid of some. Its anti-virus is useless against  auto run.inf because that is a virus from Windows. That is the only flaw of this app. 
      It's a great junkfile cleaner and memory booster but it is average as an antivirus.
    • By itaddict
      Yes, you heard it right.  When we are very concerned about the security of our passwords, Yahoo is one step ahead in replacing passwords with their new service. They made it possible with a new service called Yahoo Account Key which uses smartphone to identify the real user which is more effective that the traditional passwords. For example if a user try to access Yahoo mail there is no need to put password, instead the Account Key service will send a message to the smartphone connected to the account. You just have to tap yes  to get into your account and tap no in case it is an unauthorized attempt. The service  will be available for both Android and iOS users soon. 
      This is really a step above passwords and a new hope in ensuring online safety.  Hope others will follow soon. 
      Yahoo Account Key to get rid of passwords!
    • By SundayDrivah
      A friend of mine ask me if he can borrow my tablet because he wanted to copy an MP3 song that I have. So with a USB chord, I let him attached my tablet to his Windows operated laptop. I should have shred my files via blue tooth instead because his PC is infected by a malicious program that I never thought capable of penetrating an Android operated tablet. After my tablet is attached to his laptop these files are on every single folder of my tablet:
      Auto run.inf
      Thumb.db
      Microsoft. Ink
      New Harry Potter.ink
      And a .ink file that uses the name of the folder it invaded

They kept on coming back when I delete them and  popular Anti virus in Google Appstore can't detect them.I am so frustrated because these files were on every single folder and I can get rid of them.
      Malwarebytes for Android can't detect them, Avg and Avira Antivirus of Android can't detect them.  Seriously I will never let any person connect their PC on my tablets again. Sharing files via blue tooth is the safer option. Anyone here who can help me from these problem?

• By SundayDrivah
      This is some sort of a countdown because Android gave me the worst day of my life today when it comes to internet surfing. This countdown is based on my experience of surfing the net with an android  operated device. I hope people can somehow relate with this.
      5. Websites that are not mobile compatible- Many website owners still ignore the fact they can get traffic from mobile users, I don't know why they don't make their websites compatible on mobile devices.
      4.  Almost every website wanted me to download their app version or use their app version(if I already have the app installed)I just want to read a single article or lurk on a forum I have no intention of joining and suddenly  this annoying hard to skip notification will block my screen " Would you like to download our mobile app?" I have 2 Facebook accounts, 1 account is permanently logged in with the App while the other is logged in with a browser. Whenever I use Facebook on a browser, I always get the notification asking me to download the Facebook app, an App I already have.
      3.Browser crashing- Every single browsers I use gives me this problem a lot and it is really annoying when you lose the progress of something you had worked hard for. This is my second attempt to post this thread because my browser crashed.
      2.Contents that were invisible on mobile- Many videos on YouTube are not available for mobile devices, they were PC exclusives. Facebook comments on pages were invisible on browser while many Facebook pages are invisible on mobile.
      1. Ads that installs apps- At first only 3rd party apps do this but now even the apps on Google play have this super annoying feature.  I am really annoyed when I am reading something when suddenly Google play app will open to suggest me to install a certain app. I understand the importance of adds but advertising is different from harassment.
    • By nytegeek
      I think most people know this but I feel the need to get it out there because of the misinformation and bad comparisons I keep seeing. You don't have an Android phone. Android is an operating system that can be installed on any device with compatible hardware, not a type of phone. I don't see people with iPhones calling their phones iOS phones. That would be kind of silly.
      The reason I mention this is because there are so many phones that utilize Android that questions about hardware and comparisons to Apple products are all useless and result in junk data. People try to categorize them all as Android phones vs iPhones. People that categorically compare their iPhone to every make and model of phone that uses Android are being ridiculous and don't even realize it.
    • By SundayDrivah
      This problem just started today and I don't know how I end up having this. Whenever In am trying to take pictures My Camera crashes for no Reason.I can't take photos and I really don't know why did this happen. I have a screen capture below that basically explains what happens when I am trying to take pictures. I don't know what caused this problem and it is really frustrating me because I wanted to use my Camera today. My camera was working fine yesterday so I really have no idea what is causing this problem. The glitch notification I had been receiving is "unfortunately, gallery has stopped".

• By itaddict
      I have an old Samsung touch phone which is around two years old.  I have not been using it for quite some time.  Now I wanted to give it to one of my relatives, but I am unable to work with touchscreen.  It is somewhat partially unresponsive and sometimes it gives some erratic movements.
      It has a screen protection on it which is clean. I just wanted to check if that may be the cause for the issue with the screen.  I have already checked it and there is no dust accumulation.
      Can a screen protector affect the performance of touch screen?
    • By itaddict
      "S Health" is a dedicated well being app developed by Samsung like Apple's Health App. Even though Samsung introduced this app already in April 2015, it was only limited to Samsung Galaxy phones. Now they have made it available to all Android devices.  
      S Health is an activity tracker and it supports heart-rate monitors and blood oxygen measurement.  Hope more people can make use of this app now.
    • By SundayDrivah
      I am starting to notice something fishy going on in the appstore, there are some apps with very few downloads but they have 4 to 5 star ratings and all the reviews are positive. There is no single complaint and if there was its too few and most of those positive reviews were usually short generic "Good app" and " this app is very nice.". I have a nagging feeling that those people are either bots or they were paid  to comment in the review section of those apps.  I also saw someone gave this review to a junk file cleaner  "This game is very awesome, it is so addictive, I will play it all day long".
       Where are those fake reviews from? How will I trust to download an app where the reviews sounds faker than Ke$ha's auto tuned pop songs.  I want to give some unpopular apps a chance because they might be diamonds in a rock  but I don't think I will install something with fake reviews. I wish there is a way to filter out those crappy apps with questionable integrity.
    • By SundayDrivah
      I am currently having issues with my Google App store, first I have to uninstall the updates and set it to factory version so I will be able to use it to install apps and update apps.  I will also experience a lot of frustration and anger before I can successfully install an app because I kept on getting an Error 905, Network Error, and Error 495. I can download a 2 GB movie with no problem but my damn Appstore won't let me download a freeing 1 GB app. I have 6 GB worth of Free space on my tablet.
      I heard Amazon have their own App store for the Android and I want to know if anyone here have used it? Is it a good alternative to Google Appstore? I am usually a skeptic when it comes to 3rd party apps but Amazon is a trusted brand. I want to know if the Amazon app store is worth installing.
    • By itaddict
      Sometimes, you might be surprised to see your Android battery draining like anything, like water flowing out of an open tap.  This unusual draining of battery is called Sudden Battery Drain Syndrome which is found  in almost  all Android devices.  It is found that the main culprit behind this situation is Google services or Play Services.  They keep on syncing or updating regardless of the availability of net connection.  The issue starts when they get stuck in the process which leads to unusual draining of battery power.  
      As per experts, as a solution to this you can either reboot the device as soon as you see this or disable unnecessary Google services.  
      http://www.thebitbag.com/android-sudden-battery-drain-syndrome-how-to-fix-google-play-services-from-draining-your-android-device/72977
    • By SundayDrivah
      I decided to review the Puffin browser after all the positive experiences I have with it.  I still use Chrome for Setuix though because I am too lazy to type my password. So Setuix is the only site I access that uses Chrome.
      After all the crashes from Chrome and Firefox that I have endured,I finally found Puffin. It's a free browser with Flash support. Websites with built in flash always crash with Chrome and other browsers but they work well with puffin. I love the fact that it has a built in virtual mouse so my issues with my fat fingers trying to click two small website buttons that are too close to each other is finally ended.  Some PC browser flash games works for Puffin so I can  now play some games without installing new apps.

One of the most annoying glitches I experience with most mobile browsers  is when I am trying to click something but my tablet is thinking I am trying to copy a word. The virtual mouse of Puffin saves me from that annoyance.

I have a very miserable internet connection. My connection is a 4g LTE prepaid pocket WiFi. Puffin makes me forget that is my subscription because its so fast. A mobile browser with virtual mouse has always been a fantasy to me and I am happy that it actually exists.  
    • By SundayDrivah
      I love the factory version of the appstore, YouTube App and Google Chrome because they work better to me. The updated version of Chrome kept on crashing. The updated version of YouTube App loads very slow and it kept on giving me "Network errors" glitch and I also hated it's interface. It's easier for me to access the offline folder of Youtube's factory version while I have to wait for a long time before I can reach it with the latest version. In case of the appstore, I kept on getting error 905's on items latest version. I can only download apps and update apps if my Appstore is using the factory version. I want to know how can I disable the apps I mentioned from updating. They kept on updating on their own. In don't want any newer version of these apps because they just don't work for me. I hope someone can help me with this problem. I prefer their older version that's why I uninstall the updates  but they kept on coming back.