• Announcements

• zero

Forum Updated   11/03/2015

We just updated the forums. Among other things, selective quote is now live. You can just select the text that you want, and a option to "quote this" will appear. During the update we also broke the main theme files for some reason.  I just activated the backup theme files and dumped the custom CSS in (I'll clean it up later). If there are any issues with the site, please get in touch with @nytegeek or myself.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alyssasmith

Iphone 7

18 posts in this topic

I just purchased the Iphone 6 not too long ago. And, now I hear that they are coming out with the Iphone 7. It feels like I cannot keep up. I want to know if anyone is planning on purchasing the Iphone 7. Have you heard about any specs or features that will be beneficial to you at all? Or are you staying with your Iphone 6?

Edited by Alyssasmith

I haven't heard anything at all about iPhone 7 so far. I was a really big Apple fan, but I didn't really like any of the latest devices they created. I feel like, since the iPhone 4, they have not been superior to it's main competitors. I haven't updated my smartphone for over a year and a half now, but if I had to, I think I'd buy a Samsung, most likely.

And what you say about keeping up is so true... It's like you are supposed to buy a new smartphone every year now, and that's not something everyone can afford. I guess some people prioritize getting the last piece of tech available whenever possible, but it's definitely an expensive habit.

I just don't see the point in updating a smartphone like the iPhone constantly unless they release one with groundbreaking specs. I have a cousin who's always breaking his phone and every time he gets furnished with the newest iPhone.

I have not heard anything on the new iPhone 7. I have to agree with what has been previously stated that Apple hasn't really released anything superior to the previous models aside from the ios updates with minor improvements.

I'm usually around a year behind on the current iPhone because I can usually upgrade for free.

I wouldn't have thought that even Apple would be stupid enough to bring out the iPhone 7 any time this year. If they carry on with the release like they have done in the past, won't they just bring out the S and C varients on the iPhone 6, rather than a whole new device?

These days phone manufacturers are bringing out devices every 6 months it seems, and they seem to be losing touch with what consumers actually want. While I'm sure everybody wants the latest device, not many people are going to be  purchasing an iPhone 7 for example, 6 months after they just paid $1000 for an iPhone 6 I wouldn't imagine.

I wouldn't have thought that even Apple would be stupid enough to bring out the iPhone 7 any time this year. If they carry on with the release like they have done in the past, won't they just bring out the S and C varients on the iPhone 6, rather than a whole new device?

These days phone manufacturers are bringing out devices every 6 months it seems, and they seem to be losing touch with what consumers actually want. While I'm sure everybody wants the latest device, not many people are going to be  purchasing an iPhone 7 for example, 6 months after they just paid $1000 for an iPhone 6 I wouldn't imagine.

I was thinking the same thing. I have heard some rumors about both the s and c, so I'm thinking that's what they might be doing. I would honestly be surprised if they didn't make an iPhone 6s. I haven't hear anything about an iPhone 7 though, where did you see the article for that @alyssasmith?

Yeah, I mean I think that they are just coming out with these phones too fast. The only people who will be buying the new iPhones that are coming out will be the people who have a contract up. I know that I wouldn't want to go out and spend a ton of money on the newest phone when I just bought a new one. 

Yeah, I mean I think that they are just coming out with these phones too fast. The only people who will be buying the new iPhones that are coming out will be the people who have a contract up. I know that I wouldn't want to go out and spend a ton of money on the newest phone when I just bought a new one. 

Apple has to come out with a new phone every year otherwise there will be some users, like those who line up overnight outside Apple stores on launch days, who will complain about Apple using old technology etc. New technology is always exciting, and Apple always markets it extremely well,

Apple will probably advertise whatever new features the iPhone 6S/7 and iOS 9 a lot, and people will feel obliged to buy it because it is the new 'coolest' phone. iPhones are nice to use, but they're just too expensive. 

I don't think the majority of people have an issue with a new phone every year, it's when it turns to more like every six months like it has been doing lately, that's the problem.

As for Apple and old technology, they're using old technology anyway, just giving it a minor upgrade and tweak here and there to keep it going a bit longer. The OS is practically the same as what was in the original iPhone when they first came out, so if people think that a new device means modern technology, then they're in for a shock.

I don't think I'll even try and keep up with all of Apple's latest releases. I'm still on the iPhone 4s. I don't really care much if it's super outdated or old, but it's good enough for me. I don't want to get into the habit of trying hard to keep up with all the new releases, because the fact is, that I probably never will be at this rate. There should definitely be bigger gaps between the release dates for all these new phones, but I guess Apple is just moving too fast. iPhones are also way too expensive to keep buying, and I think I'll buy my next phone when I actually need one, rather than when Apple releases one.

Apple has to come out with a new phone every year otherwise there will be some users, like those who line up overnight outside Apple stores on launch days, who will complain about Apple using old technology etc. New technology is always exciting, and Apple always markets it extremely well,

Apple will probably advertise whatever new features the iPhone 6S/7 and iOS 9 a lot, and people will feel obliged to buy it because it is the new 'coolest' phone. iPhones are nice to use, but they're just too expensive. 

Yeah, that is true. I mean there will always be people who have the money to do that. I have to wait 2 years if I want to be able to get a new phone. I dont have the kind of money where I would be able to get a new phone all the time. I get that it's great to have the best phone out there, but what do they really change about these new phones? I mean not much, the newest ones it was just the size. 

It is promising battery saving. I do not know. Let's see. It's possible that we will see conservative increases in battery life, as did with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. But those advances were feasible because the bodies of those devices were larger, and they could therefore accommodate larger batteries. And it sounds like Apple won't be sacrificing portability to make the iPhone 7 have a significantly better battery life.

Yeah, that is true. I mean there will always be people who have the money to do that. I have to wait 2 years if I want to be able to get a new phone. I dont have the kind of money where I would be able to get a new phone all the time. I get that it's great to have the best phone out there, but what do they really change about these new phones? I mean not much, the newest ones it was just the size. 

Yeah, every year, they just seem to make their phones thinner or faster, there's not much difference between older and newer devices unless you want to play graphics intensive games like Real Racing or Infinity Blade. All except the very cheapest smartphones can now competently surf the net, download basic apps, call and text, so there really is no need to splurge on a new iPhone unless you have the cash to waste. 

Yeah, every year, they just seem to make their phones thinner or faster, there's not much difference between older and newer devices unless you want to play graphics intensive games like Real Racing or Infinity Blade. All except the very cheapest smartphones can now competently surf the net, download basic apps, call and text, so there really is no need to splurge on a new iPhone unless you have the cash to waste. 

That is very true, and I have to agree. If you have the money then you can get them. Otherwise, it's not like you need the best phone that is out there. They all basically do the same thing. Until the phone gets older you won't be able to get the updates anymore. 

There's one big difference with the iPhone 7 some may not like. The iPhone 7 wont have a home button. This new phones home button will be in the screen.  Unless your fond of this change you might not be switching right away. Still there will be a lot of people who will just have to get the new iPhone.

Each and every single year, Apple does not fail to get one step closer to a mimicking the android, but attempting to amend it. Seriously, ever since the iPhone 6 released, the design went down the drain. Before that, the iPhone 5s was a good release, with the classic feel to it. Now Apple is attempting to release an iPhone 7, after the 6s?!? Their stock price is already loosing profit, and if they keep this up, they will just loose more! There seems to be no point in higher specs with each new iPhone release, because no game on the app store requires even 1 gb ram!

Personally, I feel like Apple is just loosing it.

Edited by MNyte

I'll stick with my 5s. It's still supported for another year in Apple's lineup of iPhones so it's not necessary to upgrade to get all of their new features. Also, iPhones become less and less intuitive every year. Other than the obliged processor and camera upgrade. The differences between them is negligible and not worth the price of a new phone every few years.

There's one big difference with the iPhone 7 some may not like. The iPhone 7 wont have a home button. This new phones home button will be in the screen.  Unless your fond of this change you might not be switching right away. Still there will be a lot of people who will just have to get the new iPhone.

I read about this too. I don't think it's a good idea, and I feel like it's going to go down similar to how the scrap of the start button from Windows 8 went down the Microsoft. They had to bring it back, since people were so used to it. The home button is there on all iPhones, so what's the point in changing such a staple feature of the device? It sounds to me like something their doing just for there to be a bigger difference between the iPhone 7 and 6 plus.

I don't think I'll even try and keep up with all of Apple's latest releases. I'm still on the iPhone 4s. I don't really care much if it's super outdated or old, but it's good enough for me. I don't want to get into the habit of trying hard to keep up with all the new releases, because the fact is, that I probably never will be at this rate. There should definitely be bigger gaps between the release dates for all these new phones, but I guess Apple is just moving too fast. iPhones are also way too expensive to keep buying, and I think I'll buy my next phone when I actually need one, rather than when Apple releases one.

Count me in. I am using the iPhone 5s and I am sticking with it. The economy today is just very hard. Having to update my phone every year is a privilege that I cannot afford. I guess some people have this privilege. But for me, I will only update my phone when it is already beyond repair. For now, it works fine and good for me.

As for Apple releasing a phone every year, I do think it is quite unnecessary. But the point is, they make money that way. The hype around a new iPhone gets to people and so they want to get it. The marketing strategy of Apple is really wise this way.

Edited by Briannagodess

lol you are not obliged to buy the new iPhone bro, since iPhone 6 is good and I'm sure that there will not be a big difference between the two phones, so I suggest you keep the one you have !