Before you sync your iPhone or iPad with Linux mint device, you need to install libimobiledevice on your computer. Most Linux distributions such as Linux Mint, Fedora and Ubuntu have this pre-installed. If you want to check if you already have it installed, check in Synaptic Package Manager.
If its not pre-installed in your system the following command used through terminal will help you in installing it:
sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice
- Reboot the computer once libimobiledevice is installed.
- Download OPlayer Lite from the Apple store.
- Open the app that you just downloaded from the Apple store and connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- On the computer you will be able to see two devices: 1. Your Apple Device; 2. Documents (on your Apple device).
- Click “Documents”
- This opens some apps and among them you will be able to see “OPlayer Lite”.
- Click “OPlayer Lite”; this will open a folder.
- Copy all the music you want to have on your Apple device from your computer to that folder and disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Open OPlayer Lite app on the phone; Click “Documents” and from there you can enjoy the music you just copied from your computer.
The same process applies if you want to copy pictures from your computer to your phone or in fact any other files.