Visitor traffic or the number of visitors that view a website determines if a site is popular or not. Most sites use different methods in order to increase visitor traffic but only a few succeed in attracting new and unique visitors.
So how would one make a website\’s daily traffic from zero to a hundred and from a hundred to a thousand? Below are some tips and tricks to increase traffic to your website.
Business article marketing is a huge part of online promotion and advertisement. If the website\’s goal is to provide articles that are promoted on trusted business article hubs, one should remember the following:
- Include a blog on the website where the articles will be posted.
- Frequently update the website\’s blog and use different keywords in the blog entries.
- Make the blog\’s headlines interesting, concise, and informative. These headlines should also include some of the more important keywords used in the article/entry.
- Avoid plagiarism.
- World and current events, emerging technology, and celebrities are always hot topics so articles related to them would probably generate more visitors to your blog.
- Make sure that PDF files of articles/blog entries are made.
- Include the URL in the resource box.
- Comments should include keywords.
- Comment on emerging trends and reply to questions.
- Design and publish an e-book that is linked on the website.
- Promote the e-book in different directories.
- Make a PowerPoint presentation of the e-book and share it among the website\’s visitors.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is another way of increasing the visibility of a website or a web page on search results. Basically, if a website or page appears frequently on search results, it will receive more clicks from unique visitors.
Here are some tips in promoting a site via SEO:
- Use keywords as tags on blog posts.
- For WordPress blogs, install Google sitemap XML. When posts are updated the sitemap XML will also update to various search engines.
- Buy and use expired domain names that are still receiving traffic.
- Use a custom 404 page to help people find the information they are seeking in the website.
The word podcast comes from two words: broadcast and iPod. Podcast are audio files that are listened using portable media devices. On the other hand, video marketing is an emerging form of promotion/advertisement where businesses create short videos containing various topics from different articles and uploading them on video sharing websites like YouTube.
Here are some points to remember when one is interested in video marketing and podcast:
- Create an audio version of an e-book and upload it to file-sharing sites and/or iTunes.
- Create a video about the e-book and post it to video sharing sites like YouTube.
- Make sure to cite the website responsible for the content of the audio file or video.
Email marketing is the use of email or electronic mail to promote or advertise. Every email sent to promote or advertise a business to potential and current clients is a form of email marketing. Meanwhile, web syndication is the making available of different web feeds that will update simultaneously as changes are made on blog posts or entries.
Here are some of the tips to remember when using email marketing and/or web syndication:
- Link the blog to the email marketing account.
- Always keep in touch with past clients\’ interests.
Public relations is the practice of spreading information among individuals and organizations to persuade investors and stakeholders to maintain a certain point of view about the products and/or political decision.
Some of the few things to remember when using PR:
- Start an advice column in a popular media outlet.
- Write compelling press releases.
- Join different organizations to widen one\’s networks.
- Give a talk, presentation, seminar, or workshop.
- Conduct an interview – whether one is an interviewer or an interviewee. It is a great way of exposing one\’s self, ideals, and views.
Social media marketing is the process of utilizing various social networking sites to promote a blog or website. Some writers are encouraged to share articles or posts on their social networks on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. On the other hand, social bookmarking is a way for writers to store, organize, search, and manage web pages on the Internet with the help of tags or keywords.
In using social media and bookmarking, here are some pointers:
- Share interesting or relevant posts, images, and videos.
- Make sure that the blog is linked to the social networking site such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Stumble your posts to StumbleUpon. If your content is interesting or informative, StumbleUpon is a good source of traffic.
- Advertise your website on Craiglist.