Recently, Apple has patched up all the elements in order to prevent jailbreaking by users for iOS 8.1.2. Thus, making it totally impossible to downgrade your iPad or iPhone to iOS 8.1.3. Users of iOS device had been buzzing on the net as every single jailbreak tactics seemed to fail. Some users suggested PPJailbreak or TaiG to jailbreak the devices however Apple has sealed all vulnerabilities to prevent any jailbreak from being ignited.
Is that the end of jailbreak iOS 8.1.3? Well, there’s good news for fans of jailbreak. It is still possible to jailbreak your iOS 8.1.3 but of course with a catch in order to maintain your device jailbreak status. Oh, how much we love you, Apple for making our lives miserable.
Anyway, according to a Reddit user (Seiterseiter1) PPJailbreak is still eligible to be used for jail breaking iOS 8.1.3. In his post on Reddit, it was said that you will be able to jailbreak your device as long as you are running on iOS 8.2 beta 2. Thus, in order to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 you will therefore need to install iOS 8.2 beta 2.
However do know that iOS 8.2 beta 2 is no longer available as iOS 8.2 beta 5 has been released. Even developers are unable to obtain iOS 8.2 beta 2 from Apple’s official developers website. Perhaps some might suggest googling for the firmware but sadly to say, most of the download links have been found to be not working anymore.
So, what should we do?
Follow the steps below in order to jailbreak your iPad or iPhone.
Step 1: Download the latest version of PPJailbreak. It was released by a group of Chinese hackers to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. It is free and it works on all iOS 8-8.1.2 devices. Here are the list of devices which are compatible:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- 1st gen iPad mini
Step 2: Once done, use a USB cable and connect your device to the computer.
Step 3: Head to settings. Disable Passcode and Touch ID of your device. It is recommended to disable Find My iPhone from Settings and iCloud.
Step 4: Double click PPJailbreak file to launch it.
Step 5: Do not worry if your device takes some time to be detected as it happens for most devices. Once detected, check whether it shows the correct firmware version. Then, at the bottom of the screen you will find a box. Unclick it to avoid from downloading pirated app store.
Step 6: Once done, click the centre button.
Step 7: You will see a button which points to the right. It will says disable Find My iPhone/iPad and passcode. Click on the button.
Step 8: Wait for your device to reboot. Do know that it will reboot automatically at the moment when jailbreaking has been completed. Once on, you will be able to see a Cydia icon on home screen.
Step 9: Enable your password, Touch ID and Find My iPhone/iPad features after finishing jailbreaking your device.
- iOS 8.2 beta 2 can be said as ‘immortal’ as it does not go outdated unlike the others. Besides, with iOS 8.2 beta 2, you will be granted with all permission to jailbreak iOS 8 and maintain this status for a long period of time. In short, you will have the master key for all permissions in iOS 8. It’s a pretty cool iOS to install and certainly very economical especially for those who are too lazy to install additional softwares to jailbreak.
- Oh yes, there is a set back if you were to install iOS 8.2 beta 2. You will not be able to install all of your tweaks at a go. So, will need to wait for some time before you are able to gain full control over the Tweaks in Cydia.
- PPJailbreak is currently available for Mac users (Version OS X 10.7 and up) For Windows, use TAiG jailbreak instead.
- As you will be jailbreaking iOS 8.2 beta 2, it is possible to jailbreak iOS 8.2 beta 1. However, is it not possible to jailbreak anything above iOS 8.2 beta 2. Besides, some of the features wouldn’t work at all.
- Just like for most jailbreaks, ALWAYS backup your data via iClouds or iTunes. It is always best to practice safety and precaution to prevent from losing all your data. It is not recommended to assume the jailbreaks will not harm you device as there is always a chance for a misfire.
- Antivirus programmes and firewalls are always an issue during jailbreaking. So do uninstall the antivirus and switch off the firewalls before installing PPJailbreak. Having those progammes might prevent PPJailbreak from staying connected to the net.