After 8 years YouTube is finally calling it quits in a shock announcement a few hours ago. YouTube which was created in 2005 will be back in 2023 after a 30,000 strong team of judges have handpicked the best video of all time.
Statistics of YouTube
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you\’re interested in — whether it\’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up with their activity on the site
Official YouTube announcement video
YouTube has been our source of entertainment since the day it was launched and the announcement of its closure came as a shock. The biggest question remains is, when they pull the plug at midnight, what will happen to the millions of websites and blogs that rely on videos hosted on YouTube?